Tonight I was wondering how to get the posts from this blog to automatically post on my social media pages. Since a pretty consistent theme for me is not remembering to do anything on Social Media that doesn’t happen on its own these days 🙂
Since this is a WordPress blog, I looked for WordPress Auto-Posting plugins and came back with a pretty obvious winner: SNAP Auto-Poster. This thing can log into Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, etc and syndicate your content so it looks like YOU actually posted it. The plugin is free, but you have to pay $49/year to use certain sites (Google+ for one) and get additional flexibility in posting. Since Google+ is really important for search rankings, I think this is worth it.
This thing is really easy to set up! I’ll walk you through it below:
- Log into the admin panel of your WordPress blog.
- Click “Plugins” on the left-hand side menu -> Click “Add New“
- Search for “Snap Auto-Poster” and install the plugin when you find it.
- Click “Plugins” on the left-hand side menu -> Click “Installed Plugins“
- Click Activate under Snap Auto-Poster
- Click Settings under Snap Auto-Poster
- Now you’ll be using the “Add Account” button to add your various accounts
- Facebook: there’s a number of steps that involve making a “Facebook App”. This means that your posts will look like your company legitimately posted them, rather than seeming to be syndicated by a re-posting app (this is a good thing). Follow the guide here.